Brittany L Locke, LCSW - mental health counseling services

Taking Charge!
Contact the therapist
powered by

My Blog

Taking Charge!

Welcome to my blog!
Here you will find updates on my practice and helpful resources related to mental health.  My first entry will introduce a new therapy group I will be cofacilitating with my colleague, Michelle Montoney, LCPC.  We are very excited to share the details of our new group, Taking Charge, and are hopeful that it will reach those who may find it beneficial.
Taking Charge! is the name of this Cognitive Behavioral group for the treatment of Depression. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is a well researched and therefore evidenced based approach to help us learn about how our thoughts and feelings are affecting our behaviors. You may have heard of CBT before and possibly even tried it out with your own therapist or through a self-help book. CBT is very common.

The group, Taking Charge, will use a researched approach from the University of California’s Cognitive Behavioral Depression Clinic, (Munoz, Ghosh Ippen, Rao, Le, and Dwyer). This group is broken up into three four week modules. We are currently taking referrals for the start of the group. New members can join at the start of each module. However, once the module has started it will be a closed group. The modules are set up as follows:

1. Thoughts and Your Mood (4 weeks)
2. Activities and Your Mood (4 weeks)
3. People Interactions and Your Mood (4 weeks)

This group is for the treatment of Depression. The group will be held in Portland, Me. Previous group experience is not required. It is highly recommended that you have an individual therapist to compliment the group treatment approach. It is common that issues may come up in group that we will encourage you to bring to your individual therapist for one-on-one attention.

How do I join?

Contact either Michelle Montoney, LCPC or Brittany Locke, LCSW for further screening about entering group and payment/insurance information. If it is decided that this group is right for you, we will set up an individual appointment to learn more about you prior to your first group session.

Contact info

Brittany Locke, LCSW ph: (207) 200-1373 or email: Brittany.Locke.lcsw@gmail.com

Michelle Montoney, LCPC ph: (207) 200-1588 or email: MontoneyLCPC@gmail.com

If you decide to email, please include “Taking Charge” in the subject line and do not include personal information aside from contact info and questions.
We are REALLY looking forward to meeting all of you that may benefit from this group. Don’t hesitate to call and ask questions!

It’s time to TAKE CHARGE of your depression!

^^^^^^^^Click this link to see the Flyer^^^^^^^^^

Best,
Brittany

16 Comments to Taking Charge!:

Comments RSS
usa heute Chancen Fussball on Tuesday, August 12, 2014 5:31 PM
Heute Sie koennen erhalten Leichtathletik erfahren Wettern.Youre 110 $ waehrend der Bohrung Luecke.

vip Sportwetten on Wednesday, August 13, 2014 10:06 AM
Sie Kosten weitere Wetten und a wenig weniger digital ueber der Online-Welt Betrachte die anschliessende Situation 7 Tage 10 , siehe , dass Green beschichtet fuer 4 Monat in a Zeile.

sport on Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:40 PM
Und die Und auch die Sportwetten -oeffentlichkeiten Wahrnehmung gewoehnlich unsachgemaesse . Die Argumentation sollte sein Angebot Angebot nimmt, um Spieler und ihnen helfen, ihnen ermoeglichen, einen Vorteil zu bekommen ein Vorteil Anwendung Analyse und Begegnung im field .

réplicas de relojes on Monday, November 17, 2014 4:17 PM
Was ist sie etablierten der gemeinsame , dass der value von Steh der World-Wide-Web- ist wichtig fuer die der Einrichtung. Bestimmte ausreichenden , sie scheitern bis schuetzen .

Today's Commodity Tips on Monday, July 06, 2015 6:10 AM
I was looking forward such kind of post electric vehicle charge points.I have been much benefited to get this informative site. Thanks a million friend. Carry on

Free Commodity Tips on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 6:18 AM
Thank you for the great article I did enjoyed reading it, I will be sure to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back from again. I want to encourage that you continue your great job, have a good day. Well done!

review on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 6:35 AM
it is well

Stock Trading Tips on Monday, February 29, 2016 5:09 AM
This kinds of blog very interesting and keep updates story according to audience response. So i know how you do it very easily.

Hublot fake Watches on Saturday, July 14, 2018 7:13 PM
gfh

replica's van hoge kwaliteit on Monday, July 16, 2018 1:52 AM
I might want to propose you a mass messaging administration called TheTexting for this reason.

Jessie on Saturday, July 28, 2018 2:58 PM
I will note some important information in my hand-note.It's like women and men are not fascinated unless it is one thing to accomplish with Lady Gaga! Its own exceptional fabrics.linkYou are very intelligent.Plain Jane hilfiger outlet quiet time, life is the philipp plein clothes most michael kors purses beautiful fireworks embellishment, omega warmest poetic.linkAfter all, wasn't that the entire moral of Be Careful (and maybe also of A Widow in Waiting)? "I left my dignity in an alternate universe, and I'm having more fun without it."I'll be interested to see you writing a race that's dignified and reserved and happy about it.Thanks!!!link

tableclothsfactory on Thursday, May 30, 2019 11:35 PM